Tricolore

agp

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I did not have basil, so it's not your everyday tricolore. Critique welcome.

Tricolore by hunteryves, on Flickr

I like the color scheme and the food looks delicious but I think it could've been arranged symmetrically.

I like composition but I think you should work on lighting for food.

I learned light when I was in "food faze" I still have numerous small reflectors, gold silver, black, white... :) I miss photographing food, but I just don't have the time needed for it now.

Wait, where are utensils?

Agreed, I thought the asparagus came out a bit on the dark side. I just wanted to snap a quick photo before I dug in so I may not have thought out the lighting as well as I should. :D

Last edited:
You mean...you ate it already??? Oh well...if you turn the plate around in PP so that the asparagus looks like a sunburst, it might look better...too much space in between the plate without any other props. Because you have colours here that are vibrant, take advantage of it by doing a close crop instead. Just my opinion...

I like food photography, because it's far more complicated than it looks.

It takes lots of thinking to compose it, light it properly and with the most food you have to watch your time.

Because it needs to look fresh I'm aware that I don't have half an hour snapping around. I have to set all up quickly as possible. And color theory is a must.

I've already seen some of your other food shots and I'm looking forward to see more.

eta: watch for lines and shapes also

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back