trip to the zoo

shuttered

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
the local zoo is holding amateur photo contest, so i thought i would give it a shot. what ya think? i also have one in the critique forum under "caged"

caged.jpg

bird4.jpg

bird5.jpg

turtle.jpg

sealion.jpg

femalelion.jpg

my wife took that one
hippo.jpg

gorilla.jpg

I really like the sea lion one, nice composition and I think the colors are great. I like your caged one, too. Can you enter more than one?

thanks, you can enter as many as you want but i don't think they would want the cage one because i think they are using the winner for advertisment

The first one appeals to me the most and it seems as though it's probably the most appropriate so go with it!
Good luck!

If its for an advertisment, id use one where they have room on the photo to put some text on it. Whenever companies are looking for photos to use in magazine front covers or ads, there needs to be space to put some text. The close up one, #3 is the best one, but there is not really much space for text.

The hippo one or the sea lion are the best of the bunch, plenty of space around the subject. :D :D

I love going to the zoo! You got some really great shots here! I think that I like the sea lion one the best. The caged one I really like also, but like others have said, it probably wouldn't be the best for an advertisment.

:thumbsup: Nice work!

awwe i really like the cage one but agree with everyone on the advert thing, i guess it wouldnt give the right impression of the zoo but its so damn cute!

i think the close up of the bird (duck?) face-pic 3 looks great too, reminds me of those like national geographic magazine front cover things :)
good luck with the competition by the way let us know how you get along!

Most reactions

Back