Tripod conversion. Survey to photo

Soocom1

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So in previous threads there are many folks who ask...

'which tripod is the best?"

"Which one is the most stable..."

"Which one is the lightest"

..etc.

Below is NOT the lightest, most advanced, best looking or even a new design.

It is a converted tripod from Survey use to Photographic.

Its heavy, ugly and rock solid stable.

Znn8eUQ.jpg

All you need now is a hungry, in-debt undergrad to lug it for you cheap!
BTW, nice conversion. Tripods from total stations I've looked at were beefy enough to steady an RPG.

All you need now is a hungry, in-debt undergrad to lug it for you cheap!
BTW, nice conversion. Tripods from total stations I've looked at were beefy enough to steady an RPG.
AND take a picture of the launch!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Good idea.

I've looked at converting these trestles into tripods for my RB67 Pro S and friends' view cameras but balked at their weight and limited height range. Opted for simply weighing down big Manfrottos.

I thought much the same, not wanting to take a long path to that.

But in all honestly, the images are comeing out much sharper than even my old Tiltall and manfrotto.

Tripods surely have come a long way, adapting to various photographic needs over the years. While I primarily use mine for landscape shots, I've also used it for some unique project requirements. Recently, I was working on getting my passport and official documents updated, and instead of heading to a studio, I took the photo myself using my tripod. The quality and lighting control I had in my own environment made the process a breeze. Once the photo was taken, I uploaded it to a website called https://photogov.com/, which uses AI to verify if the photo meets the official requirements of over 96 countries. It's impressive how advancements in photography and technology can simplify traditionally cumbersome tasks. As for the tripod conversion, I'd be keen to see the final outcome!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back