True meaning of X'mas

David_low

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
david-low.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Let's have fun soon in a few days time as X'mas approaches. But its not about Santa Claus but its all about this one Man that die for us and put away our sins once and for all that we celebrate. Below taken in Israel. Do enjoy your holidays.

Queuing to vist His tomb
438974993_6yfMv-M.jpg

438974997_YWCns-M.jpg

His emptied tomb.
438975001_2kdqq-M.jpg

"True meaning of X'mas"

If looking for the true meaning, I think I would start by putting Christ back into the word Christmas. - TF

Whoa. Let's try to keep it... civil... before this thread gets locked!

Interesting. David low, why do archaeologists theorize/know that that is where Jesus was laid after he died?

Interesting. David low, why do archaeologists theorize/know that that is where Jesus was laid after he died?
I can't answer this. I supposed its the best historian or scholar can account. We were told by the guild that a clue stemmed from comparing Jesus height and matches the length of the tomb, but again who can account for His height?

But wasn't his tomb not that of Jesus, but of Joseph of Arimethea? So that doesn't work, then.

But wasn't his tomb not that of Jesus, but of Joseph of Arimethea? So that doesn't work, then.
You are right that the tomb was contributed by Joseph and only if i were there again, I'd have asked the guide about your question. Never thought of that. Whichever it is, it is still meaningful even if it is symbolic.

Most reactions

Back