Trump National

okay here we go, 1) boring subject, just some grass, i guess you were getting at the lines in the grass

2-4) none are very sharp, plus if your going to title your thread about a golf course, there should be more photos of the actually course and less flowers (my opinion)

5) background is a bit distracting, maybe it would be a better picture with a shallower DoF

6) the foreground could use more light, and you should really edit out the dust spot on the top

7) a bit dark, would of liked to see some land in there

Thank you Nick.

I wasn't sure if I was 'good' at this or not. My Mom likes them, but I guess I should have considered the source. :blushing: I guess it's back to the drawing board. I've never taken classes, maybe I should. I enjoy it, I just have a lot to learn.

I'll keep reading posts here and learn from others. Maybe one day I'll be as good as you guys.

Here is one more....it's my favorite. I like it, but I'd like an honest opinion of it.

Thank you Nick.

I wasn't sure if I was 'good' at this or not. My Mom likes them, but I guess I should have considered the source. :blushing: I guess it's back to the drawing board. I've never taken classes, maybe I should. I enjoy it, I just have a lot to learn.

I'll keep reading posts here and learn from others. Maybe one day I'll be as good as you guys.

Here is one more....it's my favorite. I like it, but I'd like an honest opinion of it.

I would like to ask what you used to take these shots?

Don't get discouraged, your mom was right! These are nice shots! You took the time to 'think' about the shot, and it seems as though there was artistic intent in all the photos. If they were taken with a P&S, they could be vastly improved with a dslr.

And let me say, not everyone on these forums are (including me) AMAZING photographers...A lot of people are learning, and just enjoying it as a hobby. Continue using this as a creative outlet!

Thank you :hug::

I just bought a Canon Rebel XTi, but I have only used it on the automatic setting (and I know how to turn the flash off) - that's about it. I need to learn how to use the camera and maybe that will help to improve my pics. ~ I do really enjoy it, so I'll keep learning.

Thank you :hug::

I just bought a Canon Rebel XTi, but I have only used it on the automatic setting (and I know how to turn the flash off) - that's about it. I need to learn how to use the camera and maybe that will help to improve my pics. ~ I do really enjoy it, so I'll keep learning.

that last one you posted is the best from you, but get that camera off auto!!!

Jenni, I love the second sunset you posted.

Yes, you need to learn how to use the camera, but you/we also need to learn the fundamentals. Find "Understanding Exposure" to get a nice straight forward easy readin' explanation of how your settings work together. Also, I'd to recommend "Composition, Photo Workshop" by Blue Fier. I am reading it now and give it a :thumbup:. Then you'll really get addicted. :mrgreen:

I definitely second the notion to get "Understanding Exposure" Great reading for years to come. It's always at my bedside.

That said, I really like the orange flowers, very striking colors, and that last sunset is gorgeous!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back