Trying this again with the revised site - Looking for advice

FavillePhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.favillephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone. Two weeks ago I posted my website URL and asked for some advice on possible improvements for the site. You can see that thread here:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...0-new-website-photography-photo-printing.html

In any case, I made some revisions to the site, according to some of the suggestions I recieved. I wanted to repost the website URL and ask for another round of suggestions. In my opinion, the only way to improve is to ask for help. Alot of you guys are the same demographic as my target audience (artists and photographers), so I figure, if I can make the site look good to you guys, then all of my potential clients should love it too. =]

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys give.

Here's the website:

Faville Photo - Giclee Printing

Still way too much text.

Here is an example of what kind of home page works for me. Not talking about the design here, just the amount of text. A few photos, a little text and buttons to go to the next page of interest and find the details.

Online digital photo printing | Snapfish:

I also think that, because you offer so many different things, you should put your prices/fees on the corresponding page rather than on a page just for prices.

I already have my prices for each section on the corresponding pages. But, from personal experience, I always find that when I go to a website, I end up navigating directly to the "prices" link to do some comparitive shopping. I assumed many other people might have similar habits. So, I figured having a page just for prices and fees might be good, and then once people are there, they might realize how many different services and products we have available, and can then be redirected to the appropriate page for more in depth information on the service..

I really need to finish that prices page, as well, now that I think about it, because that page is in my top 5 of pageviews on the site. Which also proves to me that my theory was correct, that people navigate to the "prices" page first, instead of going through each individual page looking for prices.

I appreciate the advice on the "prices" subject, but with all due respect, I think I'll leave it, because I've already noticed that it is a popular page (even without anything on there. lol.)

And, as far as the home page.... I know that I still have alot of text on there. I'm very hesitant to completely get rid of everything, though, because that would require a complete overhaul of the entire home page. And, I have no clue what exactly to put on there. I could just leave it blank. And let people navigate using the top bar. Any ideas?

Ok. I get what you're saying about the price page and now agree with its being there.

Home page: Yes, just a few very nice photos and buttons to the different specific pages. And combine things that go together. For example, under the photography button, you could have fine art prints and weddings. I don't see a need for a button for each.

Same thing with restaurants and business owners. Restaurants are businesses and your text is very similar for both. Combine them.

The Other Links don't need to be on the home page imo. They could have their own menu listing. Featured Artist and Event Updates could be buttons with, for the FA, one image of the work and the artist's name.

The home pages that work best for me are the ones that fit entirely on the screen. When the page opens, everything is right there in front of me. Here is a pretty good example of that: DVDs Xploited Cinema or this one: AlienBees: Contact the Hive

Most reactions

Back