Trying to restore a damaged file

JChisholm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, and this is my first post.

I have some old photo files that I am trying to access. I am using Windows 10. When I open the file, I get a prompt that says “The file is corrupt, damaged or file is too large.” I have attempted to open the old photo files on various programs. These files are mostly JPG files.

The files were used/opened on older versions of Windows such as Windows 7 and also Mac OS X. I recovered these photos because they were deleted using EaseUs and cannot open them. I even tried photo restore apps such as Stellar and Ashampoo, and no luck in opening these files.

So, does anyone have any ideas on how I could restore or open these damaged files? I’m curious to know of any other options. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited:
There is a Linux program called "TestDisk" It is Free and only available for Linux.
Installing TesktDisk also installs "Photorec"
I have Tried a couple of recovery programs with limited results.
Using Photorec I have successfully recover deleted and corrupt JPG files
from memory cards.
Do you know anyone that uses Linux that might be able to help you?

There is a Linux program called "TestDisk" It is Free and only available for Linux.
Installing TesktDisk also installs "Photorec"
I have Tried a couple of recovery programs with limited results.
Using Photorec I have successfully recover deleted and corrupt JPG files
from memory cards.
Do you know anyone that uses Linux that might be able to help you?
Hello, I don’t know anybody who has Linux. Is this program available on Windows or Mac OS X?

No its Linux only and it is a command line program so it requires a bit of experience to use it.
There might be someone on this forum that could do it for you. I am in Canada so shipping
the card here and back again would be a slow process. If you send me the card I will see if
I can recover the files and I could email them to you.

Terry

Last edited:
No its Linux only and it is a command line program so it requires a bit of experience to use it.
There might be someone on this forum that could do it for you. I am in Canada so shipping
the card here and back again would be a slow process.
Thank you for the information. It’s about maybe 10-15 files that I’m trying to access.

Most reactions

Back