What's new

Tulip #2

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
2,368
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
20130324_1431_B-XL.jpg
 
You again. Nice catch of tulip, may i ask what light source do you use ?
 
You again.

Am I annoying people already? Maybe I should have taken a longer break from this place. ;)

Nice catch of tulip, may i ask what light source do you use ?

Thanks! This one was natural light from north-facing widow. Black matt background.
The other shot was done with an SB600, off camera, with a large diffuser. Flash was bounced off the ceiling.

All shots were with D700 and Sigma 150mm f/2.8.

Thanks for looking and commenting.
 
This one is vaguely disturbing. I can hear an Audrey-ish voice whispering very softly. All it would need is a little drop of red (blood) on one of the petals...
 
You again.

Maybe I should have taken a longer break from this place. ;)

Let me tell you what you can do next :wink: Put a tulip in water and make it wet like it was rainy day, than use natural light from left side of tulip and flash on right side of tulip, i bet it would look awesome. And make thread Tulip #3
 
I must have been subconsciously motivated by manaheim's train of horrors post.
 
Oh nice.... Works really well for me. The single foreground and single background objects.
 
I like it but my eye tends to follow the leaf on the left out of the frame. Since that one is cut off, it seems like the right one should be as well, and that would remove the light upper part of the left stem that I find distracting. Could be just me, since no one else seemed to be bothered by it ...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom