Turkey In the Field

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was riding my motorcycle through Myakka River State Park yesterday when I spotted this lone, big boy out in a field strutting his stuff and making a racket so I pulled over and went out in the field to get a few shots. This is just one of many. It could've used a little more room below the feet, I know.

12312152-studio3-studio.jpg

When I saw the title, I thought you were going to post a self-portrait... hah! 😁 Very nice shot! Maybe a little more room beneath the feet? You can see why Franklin wanted them to be the national bird.

Beautiful! Even your turkeys are full of color!

Good capture, look at the beard on that proud boy!

When I saw the title, I thought you were going to post a self-portrait... hah! 😁 Very nice shot! Maybe a little more room beneath the feet? You can see why Franklin wanted them to be the national bird.
Thanks, Jeff ... but what feet? I don't see any. :p

Beautiful! Even your turkeys are full of color!
Thanks, Mitch. The colors are there, you just have to bring them out, and I may've brought them out a bit too much. I'll have to work on that.

Last edited:
Good capture, look at the beard on that proud boy!
Thanks, Warhorse. That's definitely a beard to be proud of. I'll put of a side profile pic so you can get a better idea of his size, this dude was hulking.

Very nice pic, Kirk! They are so skittish, they’re probably the hardest “ bird “ to get really good ones of, but you surely managed very well.

Very nice pic, Kirk! They are so skittish, they’re probably the hardest “ bird “ to get really good ones of, but you surely managed very well.
Thanks, Dean. I think I got close due to them being somewhat accustomed to seeing people a lot at this particular park and being in close proximity when they do. They don't seem to be as skittish here, it's like they know the difference between a 12 ga. and a camera. :wink-6:

Nice. If you have a post processing program you could easily add a little canvass at the bottom since it's feet are covered by grass.

Nice. If you have a post processing program you could easily add a little canvass at the bottom since it's feet are covered by grass.
Thanks, Donde, I've never done that and don't know how. I may do a little research and learn it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back