Tutorial for Unto a Place I walk

Aaaa...Here we go !
Thanks.

Very nice instruction guideline, Ceeboy. Also very nice reminder to me of WHY I'll never be a Photoshop "Master"--I simply haven't the patience to work for hours on one picture. Even for those extremely rare photos that I'm willing to process beyond the "five minutes and call it done" stage, if it can't be done within at least 30 minutes to an hour, I'd likely decide not to do it. Don't get me wrong, I admire those who do, and the results, but it ain't for me!

I just treated myself to the bigger Wacom Bamboo graphics tablet..doing all this on a mouse was nuts.

Funny thing with you revealing this technique to us. I thought I will never new (but now I do) why Byrne's "Lindisfarne Boats" where disqualified from Landscape Photographer of the Year award. Hmm. There is a lot of manipulation, but than is always search for new ways.

Evidently, he cloned out a boat and in the fine print (or big print) it clearly stated no cloning...either or, he missed the statement and took a major ten thousand pound hit but less than a month later got an equally large prize award in Dubai for a motorcycle wreck shot. He's a fine photographer as well as a good PP man. He's very good and knowing him, I doubt he purposefully tried to circumvent the rules. Also, though he didn't get the top dog award, he took lots of firsts and seconds in that competition. He won't make that mistake next year.

I am now working with duplicate images worked his way and using SEP2 and doing more layering work. I'm retired. I have nothing but time...I shoot, I process, I do some small image printing, I do alternative and on rare occasion drag out the 4x5 and shoot some film - in fact, just got a box of 4x5 infrared. Now trying to figure out how I am going to keep the light out...more adventures.

I didn't know about the boat cloning (maybe it was unsightly from composition PoV), I read only about excessive PS-ing. Wondered, what it was.
Have a fun with IR shooting and show us something, when the time comes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back