abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A little wandering around after sunset.

399-r3325.jpg

799-r3331.jpg

You have some nice paths to walk "in your backyard". A bit devoid of trees ... but ... ;)

You have some nice paths to walk "in your backyard". A bit devoid of trees ... but ... ;)

Thanks. Closest tree is about 20 miles away, Heheh- shade is for sissies :)

Lovely pics, though I might have lightened them up slightly :)

Thank you. Worth considering.

Good composition on the second one........:thumbup:

Very nice, I wish i had some beauty around me like that. I love how well the red in the rocks works w/ the blue of the sky

Good composition on the second one........:thumbup:

Thanks. The second is my favorite of the two also.

Very nice, I wish i had some beauty around me like that. I love how well the red in the rocks works w/ the blue of the sky

Thank you. I'm always amazed at how many that live around here don't see the desert for what it is (at least to me), beautiful and unique.

hike at twilight, i like the sounds of that! oh how i love summer. great pictures! looks like a great place to explore.

hike at twilight, i like the sounds of that! oh how i love summer. great pictures! looks like a great place to explore.

Alberta! I suppose everyday down here on the 35th parallel could be considered summer in relation to your part of the world. I was just going to whine about how an hour after this shot I was struggling to build a fire in a drizzle. It was only 45F! I spent a fair night in the back of the truck with scattered showers waking me up here and there, but compared to what I can imagine elsewhere, well, I understand twilight being considered a summer thing. Twice a day here.

& thanks. Glad you like the shots.

is it the same as the red cliff?

I really like the second one, it's very dynamic due to the lines of the cliff and the cloud both tugging you into the centre. Good job!

Alberta! I suppose everyday down here on the 35th parallel could be considered summer in relation to your part of the world. I was just going to whine about how an hour after this shot I was struggling to build a fire in a drizzle. It was only 45F! I spent a fair night in the back of the truck with scattered showers waking me up here and there, but compared to what I can imagine elsewhere, well, I understand twilight being considered a summer thing. Twice a day here.

& thanks. Glad you like the shots.

haha for sure, Winter is 6-7 hours of daylight, tho you may as well call it twilight. then its back to the deep black cold, but im made for the winter, i love both seasons equally, As long as i get enough skiing done of course! speaking of building a fire, near Whistler BC we were trying to light one with some wood at 10˚C beside snow, during a motorcycle trip in August. lots of gas and it just would not light, hah. And more than 3 times this year i went out taking pictures in -35˚C or -31˚F. I just love being outdoors!

is it the same as the red cliff?

Yes. These were taken about 20 minutes or so after the red cliff shot.

I really like the second one, it's very dynamic due to the lines of the cliff and the cloud both tugging you into the centre. Good job!

Thanks. I had just about perfect conditions. I need to go back though.

haha for sure, Winter is 6-7 hours of daylight, tho you may as well call it twilight. then its back to the deep black cold, but im made for the winter, i love both seasons equally, As long as i get enough skiing done of course! speaking of building a fire, near Whistler BC we were trying to light one with some wood at 10˚C beside snow, during a motorcycle trip in August. lots of gas and it just would not light, hah. And more than 3 times this year i went out taking pictures in -35˚C or -31˚F. I just love being outdoors!

My blood must be getting thinner these last years. I used to handle the cold pretty well. I worked at a ski resort for a few years and could go all day with a light jacket (nothing like what you describe though), but now, meh. I'm more into looking at it through a window next to a fire.

Most reactions

Back