Twilight

Nice shot. I might crop the right and bottom a little, and I'd also make it darker overall. Tmax 400 developed in Tmax developer used to be my favorite. There generally is a whole lot of highlight detail in those negatives, so darkening this might bring out some more and anyway it needs to be darker to give that "twilight" feel. Another reason for cropping is that I want that bench to be larger - it has a lot of character.

Ken - I think you are spot on. I wasn't getting the "twilight" feel, darkening and removing that high contrast to the right helped. Another concern was the bench being so to centered. the crop addressed that as well. Here is an edit that touches on your suggestions. Not sure if I went too dark, figured it would be a little lighter than what I see on my work monitor. Thanks for the suggestions.
Twilight by Nokinrocks, on Flickr

Ken - I think you are spot on. I wasn't getting the "twilight" feel, darkening and removing that high contrast to the right helped. Another concern was the bench being so to centered. the crop addressed that as well. Here is an edit that touches on your suggestions. Not sure if I went too dark, figured it would be a little lighter than what I see on my work monitor. Thanks for the suggestions.
Twilight by Nokinrocks, on Flickr

Generally good, but the sun looks kind of dull now, so I guess there really wasn't much detail around it after all. It might be better in that case to just darken the shadows and mid-tones and leave the highlights alone, probably via a curves adjustment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back