Hmmm :scratch: ... this is a tough one.
FlashHarry's question is well-founded, for I feel a shift of subject with the two different versions.
When I see the second, the vertical frame, vertical as the high building in the background, that building moves to be "my" (seen) subject, and the scaffolding/whatever just its foreground, meaning to add ... something.
The first, however, seems to focus on the scaffolding/whatever-it-is (though focus is at infinity, actually), and that is more in the centre of my attention ... and therefore I would wish the pigeon was sitting there in the FIRST photo and not in the second.
Anyway, I see that the day was nice and clear and you did not want to take "just a boring pic of the highrise", so you went for something different, which I appreciate.
But your question as to what is BETTER now ... I really don't know.