Two photos of my hometown

arais81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Maribor, Slovenia;2 photos taken from more or less the same place. Are the frames alright or should I just leave the photos as they are?
Also, does the colour look funny in the second one? I think I've been staring at it for far too long so I can't really tell.

1)
2941538642_e646de5a26_o.jpg

2)
2865554825_22f9deecc3.jpg

#2 is my fav because of the light rays. To me the colors look fine in this one.

those are very nice. i like the second also because of the lines the corn rows make and the light rays.

by the way,
my great grandparents are from slovenia so i have some slovenian blood running through me :)

Thanks for the comments!
What part of Slo are your great grandparents from if you don't mind me asking?

i am not sure but i know it looked very rural by the photos ive seen. ill have to ask my grandpa who visited there recently what exact part they were from

i prefer the 1st hometown that you posted(1st pic)

Nothing wrong about the colours in the second (which easily is the nicer of the two, the first is a bit "blah", even though it is a sunrise or sunset). The horizon line is a tad too close to the middle half of the frame, if the camera had been tilted upwards just a little more, maybe only just up to the corner of the field of vines (?), no more, that bit of more sky would have been added to the top of the photo, and the horizon line would have moved down by that amount, too, and voilà, composition might have felt more pleasing. I guess...

Thanks everyone.
LaFoto, thats a good idea, I tend to put my horizons in the middle all the time, I know a bit about composition, but I always forget to use it when I'm taking shots. Would a crop help? I don't think so, but maybe someone's got a suggestion?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back