Two Weeks Since Last Human Contact

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Two week ago today I had to finish up getting a crown fitted at the dentist. Since then it's been complete isolation and so I seem to be in the clear.

Today I worked in the garden and hoed a cabbage patch. Then I got 48 cabbages planted (seeds):

cabages.jpg

There was still plenty of day left so I grabbed my camera and went for a little walk. Headed out the ally and snapped a picture of tomato cage Mary:

tomato_mary.jpg

Across the street the neighbor's dogwood has started to bloom:

dogwood.jpg

And when I got home I snapped a picture of our nesting Robin. Back around March 16th we left town for a week and when we got home we found a nest had been constructed on top of our front porch light. We're trying hard not to bother the parents.

Joe

robin.jpg

Got to ask what did Mary do to need a cage. Protected from something but what

Got to ask what did Mary do to need a cage. Protected from something but what

Poor Mary, seems she's been forgotten and neglected.

I live in St. Louis in the city's last intact original ethnic neighborhood. We're Italian. I had to add an "i" to the end of my last name. Italians are devote Catholics and Italian Catholicism is founded on devotion to Mary. Requisite to good standing in the neighborhood is the outdoor yard shrine to Mary. In my walks through the neighborhood I've photographed many hundreds of them, often quite elaborately commensurate with the home owner's demonstrative devotion and Italian purity.

mary_silk_flwrs.jpg

Those of us less sincere and even fallen away Catholics still have at least a statue -- everybody has at least a statue -- it's often a built-in fixture of the house.

mary_niche.jpg

Unfortunately some people's devotion can lag at times, or worse it was just for show, and poor Mary get's neglected or worse.

Giuseppe

mary_antoinette.jpg

Enjoyable set!

Nice set. My first impression was the cage was likely there to protect Mary from anyone getting careless with their yard work and accidentally bumping into her.

Interesting thread re: Statues of Mary.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back