Uh-Oh, Import-Export authorities

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hum.....the Import-Export authority showing up in numbers can't be good.

012.jpg

see it larger here
013.jpg

see it larger here

I would have prefered color on this one but BW was all I had with me at the time.

I need to rescan the second one, Got a hair:grumpy:

I have never even seen the import export authorities before. Do they control everything from entering or leaving the country or just certain things? Nice shots though. That grumpy face made me laugh, I looked up at the hair on the picture and then the face and started laughing haha.

:grumpy:

I have never even seen the import export authorities before. Do they control everything from entering or leaving the country or just certain things? Nice shots though. That grumpy face made me laugh, I looked up at the hair on the picture and then the face and started laughing haha.

:grumpy:

No, these guys are diffrent than the Import-Export authorities you are thinking of, In fact I find them somewhat strange, these are Seneca Nation Import-Export authorities. to the best of my knoledge all they have any say on is fuel and cigerettes, but I could be wrong. Right up untill last year they did not exist.

I have never even heard of them to be honest. Thats interesting though, I can understand illegal importing of fuel with such high prices but why cigarettes. Am I even understanding what they do in the correct sense?

I have never even heard of them to be honest. Thats interesting though, I can understand illegal importing of fuel with such high prices but why cigarettes. Am I even understanding what they do in the correct sense?

This is reservation land and right up untill reasently fuel and cigeretts where tax exempt to natives and sold untaxed due to treaties that had been signed. Things are changing rapidly and Natives are being taxed on these things now. I assume they are enforcing this.

In fact these two where where at a mail order cigerette warehouse when I got these. I assume they where making sure they where stamped prior to shipping, or maybe they had a report of bypassing the import fees, I don't know. However I do know they don't normally arrive at businesses with two vehicles with two men per vehicle, something was up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back