Under The Highway Things Stay Still

The Phototron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was taken in the morning. The spot had several water puddles, I went around looking for the biggest one to give off the most complete reflection. Not exactly perfect, but I didn't bring a bucket of water. I only had a bottle of Spring water, which wasn't enough.

2114083365_4f3b5200bf_o.jpg

Critiques are welcome.

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
this is a nice shot, the black outlines of the lamps and things are totally cool
makes me want to see those posts/pillars in the water going all the way up?
its a bridge right ?

OP
T

The Phototron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
this is a nice shot, the black outlines of the lamps and things are totally cool
makes me want to see those posts/pillars in the water going all the way up?
its a bridge right ?
Thanks for the comment. Really appreciate it.

Yeah it's the Manhattan bridge.

I have shown this shot to several people, and they all told me "it's too dark"!
That's the point, I wanted to convey the shades against the smooth gradient of the sky and make it symmetrical by including the reflection! But I'm not sure if I execute it right.

THORHAMMER

Reaction score
I think you did it right, only thing you can try next time is to get a little more sky into the shot somehow.. you might like the results.

But hey, it works as intended very well..

aperture monologue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I'm gonna have to jump on the "it's too dark" -bandwagon. I'd like to see some texture in the top and bottom left corners, now they're just filled with just dead space. A touch of fill in flash to get some texture for the foreground could really make this image. Still a good pic.

OP
T

The Phototron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I'm gonna have to jump on the "it's too dark" -bandwagon. I'd like to see some texture in the top and bottom left corners, now they're just filled with just dead space. A touch of fill in flash to get some texture for the foreground could really make this image. Still a good pic.
Hehe, just for you:

2114372259_8a8f88c62a.jpg

Dagwood56

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like it regardless, but it is just a bit dark. Something in the middle between your original post and the lighter one [which is too light] that you posted for aperture monologue would work well.

Most reactions

New Topics