Unique Portraits

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I was thinking about mixing things up a bit with a portrait tonight. I called my buddy and coxed him into being my guinea pig with the promise of beer and being able to play COD Modern Warfare 2.

I wanted to take a different approach, mostly by using lighting and very shallow depth of field to get something a little unique or out of the ordinary (at least for me).

Here's the result.

Thoughts?

726479789_argTq-XL.jpg

Last edited:
The first image as my first attempt at the concept. After going through the set I learned what I liked and didn't like about the first attempt. I had my buddy come back over today to reshoot and I applied what I learned to this second shot.

This is exactly what I was going for.

726880206_Utvi9-XL.jpg

It look like a mug shot. A superbly done mugshot.... but still a mughot. Which is weird because the first shot doesn't. That 1/4 smile makes the difference I guess.

guys got an interesting face, could have used some powder though hes very shinny, however he doesnt look like the kind of guy that would take kindly to that sugestion

guys got an interesting face, could have used some powder though hes very shinny, however he doesnt look like the kind of guy that would take kindly to that sugestion

I think that adds to it. It just feels real and raw to me. We're so saturated with 'airbrushed' (read: photoshopped) models these days that it's refreshing to see a well done portrait of a real person. Great job.

I'm not really sure if it's the right word to use, but it looks like there's a lot of intensity in his face. I really like what you did here.

Most reactions

Back