Unknown Mailbox

CaleNewman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
SQ8ud3o.jpg

The point of this photo was to lead the viewers eyes into the darkness and leave hem with a curiosity of what is back there. I meant to focus on the little flower so it would draw them in like the fish in finding nemo, then bammm The darkness at the end... but looks like its out of focus. I hate not having manual focus or a good auto focus. Sorry for the over saturated colors too, but tell if my message worked??

=-=-Cale-=-=

The point of this photo was to lead the viewers eyes into the darkness and leave hem with a curiosity of what is back there. I meant to focus on the little flower so it would draw them in like the fish in finding nemo, then bammm The darkness at the end... but looks like its out of focus. I hate not having manual focus or a good auto focus. Sorry for the over saturated colors too, but tell if my message worked??

=-=-Cale-=-=

No, in a word. Things do not become so simply because you attach a logic to them.

Back to basics. You have presented a 2D image on a 2D monitor, it only has implied depth where you imply it. The converging lines of the foreground imply perspective and depth, leading you to the end of the wooden thing. The black space behind has no depth because it is not implied. It is just a 2D backdrop with a little texture and really acts as a 'full stop' behind the foreground stopping your eye going anywhere. You have to remember that you present a 2D image. Only you have a memory of it being a 3D space, you have not communicated that to the viewer.
If you want the viewer to 'see beyond' then you have to imply that there is a 'beyond' in the image. The use of symbolism such as a door or gate, or even a long corridor that fades to black for instance. ;)

=-=-Cale-=-=

No, in a word. Things do not become so simply because you attach a logic to them.

Back to basics. You have presented a 2D image on a 2D monitor, it only has implied depth where you imply it. The converging lines of the foreground imply perspective and depth, leading you to the end of the wooden thing. The black space behind has no depth because it is not implied. It is just a 2D backdrop with a little texture and really acts as a 'full stop' behind the foreground stopping your eye going anywhere. You have to remember that you present a 2D image. Only you have a memory of it being a 3D space, you have not communicated that to the viewer.
If you want the viewer to 'see beyond' then you have to imply that there is a 'beyond' in the image. The use of symbolism such as a door or gate, or even a long corridor that fades to black for instance. ;)

That's is awesome thanks so much!! screen shot that one. So your saying if there was a gate, door or even a trail in the distance behind the mailbox, it would have convayed the message I wanted it too?? Assuming the trail, door, ext added "depth".

That's is awesome thanks so much!! screen shot that one. So your saying if there was a gate, door or even a trail in the distance behind the mailbox, it would have convayed the message I wanted it too?? Assuming the trail, door, ext added "depth".

Doors don't add depth, but your experience tells you that they always lead somewhere. It's very rare that you open a door and find a blank wall. ;) You make the same assumption for a door in a photo.

Doors don't add depth, but your experience tells you that they always lead somewhere. It's very rare that you open a door and find a blank wall. ;) You make the same assumption for a door in a photo.

Wow thanks sooo much for everything.

And oh my freaking lanta I love your photos on smug mug, amazing. Excellent work!!!!!!! Cheers bro!!!!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back