What's new

Unpleasant Beauty

I have about 100 of those guys in your yard right now,, one stop on thier way north. In a few weeks they'll be gone, but for the next few weeks they will eat $50 o birdseed a week. Once the warn weather comes I cut them off, or I'll have 40 grackles in my yard all summer. Your lighting is perfect. I get an image like that every 4 or 5 years, despite often having a blind set up in the middle of the hoard.
 
Last edited:
I have about 100 of those guys in your yard right now,, one stop on thier way north. In a few weeks they'll be gone, but for the next few weeks they will eat $50 o birdseed a week. Once the warn weather comes I cut them off, or I'll have 40 grackles in my yard all summer. Your lighting is perfect. I get an image like that every 4 or 5 years, despite often having a blind set up in the middle of the hoard.
I took this picture when we still lived in North Carolina. We had a pool, and every spring the trees around the pool became "infested" with these Grackles. The worst part was after the hatchlings arrived we found that they produce little gel-coated-poop-bombs that made it easy for the parents to remove from the nests. Unfortunately, their removal process included dropping said bombs into our pool and the surrounding pool deck and furniture! :icon_pissedoff:

Lucky for this bird, the only thing I was aiming at him was my camera!! :aufsmaul:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom