Tb2- here's an edit with less contrast/saturation. I think I was trying to make the clouds in the first edit more dramatic. I guess this is a bit more true to life- Fort Huachuca is a pretty dusty, dull place to begin with.
The first was definitely oversaturated in the sky, the contrast could've been lighted just a little. The second one, the sky looks a bit dull and flat.
Thanks for the input. For the first edit, I did several curves layers with just slight adjustments in each. For the second one I just did one curves layer and that was the only adjustment. I'll play around with it a bit more and see if I can't get it to balance out. I tend to like more contrast and saturation in a shot, so as I'm learning the ins and outs of photoshop I go a tad overboard sometimes