Upgrading to D300

BTW, mean looking pumpkin you got on your avvy Pure. Did you carve it?

The D90 w/ other stuff should be here monday, the lens however will be here friday!

Yea, I carved it last year, it was such a pain with little details

Oh, the tease of the lens just sitting there. Waiting to be put on a camera. Well you can at least take the caps off and look though it like a spotting scope over the weekend. :mrgreen:

Oh, the tease of the lens just sitting there. Waiting to be put on a camera. Well you can at least take the caps off and look though it like a spotting scope over the weekend. :mrgreen:

It's going to kill me. I'll be like #$%^&*()(*&^%$#$%^ and stare at it all weekend, and attempt to find a friend with a d40/60/90/etc.

Yes, I know.

Looks like you peeled the skin to get your effect. May try that next time myself.

Nah, just cut it out using a fine saw blade. Fine blades give you the cleanest cuts, but you need to be precise.

Last last year I carved a 360 degree horror scene on a pumpkin, and put it on a turntable, but some kid smashed it...

BLAH, took 6 hours too.

It's going to kill me. I'll be like #$%^&*()(*&^%$#$%^ and stare at it all weekend, and attempt to find a friend with a d40/60/90/etc.

I would say I feel sorry for you, but I am even in a worse boat. I know a new D300, grip, and battery will be at my house tomorrow. New R1 flash system is already there.

So whats so bad about that? I am 1,000 miles away and will not be home for 2 more weeks. :grumpy: And my wife is going to get to it first and claim as her own. :cry:

I would say I feel sorry for you, but I am even in a worse boat. I know a new D300, grip, and battery will be at my house tomorrow. New R1 flash system is already there.

So whats so bad about that? I am 1,000 miles away and will not be home for 2 more weeks. :grumpy: And my wife is going to get to it first and claim as her own. :cry:

sucks.

I'm 17 and paid for this myself, so to my parents, i say gtfo, and buy your own.

benhasajeep keeps whining about not being able to get to his camera, but really his wife already snatched it, so I don't think he really has a camera to go home to anymore. :lmao:

I am still waiting on mine as well. I have all the extra accessories sitting there, but no freaking camera yet! It is beginning to tick me off!

Love the squirrel. :)

Thanks.

I woke up for school one morning, looked out the window, and saw this guy sitting there...strange.

Does anybody have any issues with me getting:

D90 w/ 70-200mm?

(raises hand) Yeah, I do. :)

Have you even HELD both these cameras? Tested them out yourself? If you leave the final choice in the hands of someone on the internet... you get what you deserve... the possible correct answer for them, but not likely for you.

Get thoughts and opinions, sure... but damn, I sure as heck would NOT ask which camera I should take from someone that I don't know... and even if I did know them, I *still* would do all my own homework and research!

You are looking at Nikon... I am a Nikon user... but have you looked at a Canon 40D or a Pentax or Sony? You may be letting slip by the PERFECT camera for YOU, and you won't even know it, because you are leaving an important decision to someone else.

Asking opinions is fine... getting info is fine... asking someone to do the homework and make the final decision for you... is the biggest mistake you can make.

Don't be afraid to do the research, that's the 2nd most fun part of the entire process. Your pictures will thank you for it. :D

Right now, I am 1 click away from ordering the camera of my choice. I've done my research, looked, held, tested the D3 and the D700 myself. I held off purchasing a D3 because I did not test the D700 with a battery grip to compare earlier... I did, and liked it. Compared every spec between the 2, talked to people that owned both. Based on my tests and personal needs in relation to where I want to take my photography, I decided that the D700 was for me. Right now, I have enough spare play money to purchase 2 D700s ( and 2 each of the 14-24, 24-70 and another 70-200) and had seriously thought about it. My contention was that if I was going to go pro, 2 identical bodies and 2 copies of each lens is what I would have. I decided that going pro is not for me at this time... so, I am now just going through the final research of smaller articles like accessories, batteries and other little gadgets that I will order with the D700.

You never saw me ask anyone here which camera I should buy, they don't know me, my likes, my style or my needs. I never would ask a car salesman to blindly choose any car off the parking lot without a test drive either. Why are you? :)

This is not to 'dis" you, but help YOU make the right and best choice for YOURSELF. :D

BTW, where can I get my very own Guard Squirrel? I need someone to protect my house at night! (lol!)

Last edited:
That's typical for me. I am (like my girlfriend), a day behind with the world. :D

Two years ago, I researched every Nikon camera. The D80 was the hottest thing going for the price, I let someone talk me into getting the D80 vs. D200. I can honestly say that as time has moved on, the D200 was what I should have bought! Don't get me wrong the D80 is a great camera, it produces great images!

As I breathe today, I am one button away from purchasing the D300, there is no chance that someone will talk me out of it!

You made a wise choice with your lens, I went through agony making my decision in my purchase of the 18-200.

Buy GOOD GLASS, it is worth every penny!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back