Urgent call - urgent call - do you read me? Germany Meet-Up Group?

:cry::cry::cry::sad anim::sad anim::sad anim:

I really, really want to go but I can't.
So many people going that I would :heart: to meet, LaFoto, Anty etc (Yes, even HVR and AlexB)......Can't get time off nor convince wife (she has less leave than me!).

I shall wait with baited breath to see the pics and read the thread.
Have a great time

Andy

We'll find room for everyone who wants to come - even if it means Anty has to sleep on the floor.
goingtobed.gif
..........Heehee, if it came to that, it wouldn't be a problem. I can truly sleep just about anywhere. But thanks, Hertz, for volunteering me for the floor. [Guess that serves me right for actually going off line for a few hours to get some work done. You turn your back for a minute, and you've been volunteered for something unexpected! Could've been worse, I guess.]

:cry::cry::cry::sad anim::sad anim::sad anim:

I really, really want to go but I can't.
So many people going that I would :heart: to meet, LaFoto, Anty etc (Yes, even HVR and AlexB)......Can't get time off nor convince wife (she has less leave than me!).
Never say never, Andy! The meetup is a week long. Would you be able to come just for a few days? A long weekend? I understand airfares are really cheap from the UK on Ryanair.

Anty's right: it seems like DigitalDiva and boyfriend are not coming, after all, or so I deduce from the fact that she's been seen last as active here on TPF in November 2007 - I wouldn't know what else to deduce from that.

And yes, Sky, Hamburg or Bremen are best, but if Hannover should give you a better result/price/time, try that, too, or Düsseldorf (then you might have the pleasure to come speeding up here in Alex_B's Audi ;) --- maybe).

Awesome. I found a number of flights to Hamburg for not-too-bad of a price. So put me on the list for one bed :)

OK, our flights to Hamburg are booked.

Arr 11:40 24th May
Dep 08:00 31st May

...other details to follow as they get arranged (like getting from Riyadh back to the UK for the flight above)

Guess I better get going on booking flights! I just did a quick check and it seems I'll have to make 1 or 2 stopovers as there are no direct flights. Seems odd.

Corinna, are the 24th and 31st mainly arrival/departure days without other activities planned?

Corinna, are the 24th and 31st mainly arrival/departure days without other activities planned?

Exactly.
The only thing I might do is get us a reservation on the "bistro" in Lauenbrück (across the road from where you'll all stay) for a meal in the evening of 24, but nothing else will be done.

And 31 is departure day, yes, unless someone wants to stay on ;).

Don't mention it. I've also volunteered you to do all the cooking, cleaning and laundry.

sounds great! Thank you!

Hmmm.... can I take her home with me after the meetup? Sounds like the right accessory for my flat. :mrgreen:

Oh dear, that's the 'could be worse' to which I was referring. I'll just do what men do...burn the tar outta the first meal I make, and throw some red socks in with the white laundry, and I'll be asked not to 'help out' again.
beee.gif

Hmmm.... can I take her home with me after the meetup? Sounds like the right accessory for my flat. :mrgreen:

As if your flat needed any of that being done!
Dust does not stand a chance with you!
The first bit falls and the vacuum cleaner is out!
Same applies to anything, like CLUTTER (which surrounds me and encroaches on me ALL THE TIME) --- no chance with Alex. With or without Anty staying and doing the chores...!

As if your flat needed any of that being done!
Dust does not stand a chance with you!
The first bit falls and the vacuum cleaner is out!
Same applies to anything, like CLUTTER (which surrounds me and encroaches on me ALL THE TIME) --- no chance with Alex. With or without Anty staying and doing the chores...!

never said i could not deal with it on my own, but it is much more relaxing if someone else does it and I only check the result ;)

good to see people finally get active and book flights and all :)

good to see people finally get active and book flights and all :)

Isn't it?
I find that pretty reassuring!
Helps me a great deal in my planning!

So more people: do get things settled!

Isn't it?
I find that pretty reassuring!
Helps me a great deal in my planning!

So more people: do get things settled!

I just booked a drive in my car on the motorway!

Most reactions

Back