What's new

value meal

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
6,071
Reaction score
3
Location
in the middle of north carolina
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4ctsk2b.jpg
 
it has an interesting look to it.

almost a painting, but not quite.

just a lot of peanut butter color in the shot.....
 
To be honest guys I have a lot of double vision I couldn't even tell it was out of focus. I should have textured it to hide it. I probably need to do that from now on thanks.

Thor it is sepia then tinted on top it gives it the peanut butter look all over.
 
To be honest guys I have a lot of double vision I couldn't even tell it was out of focus. I should have textured it to hide it. I probably need to do that from now on thanks.

Thor it is sepia then tinted on top it gives it the peanut butter look all over.


well, now I feel bad because I was gonna say that I don't like the out of focus look either :)

But I do like the set up and the subject. I think you should do it again with better glasses or a second set of eyes to look at it before you snap!
 
Hey don't feel bad. If you hadn't said something I would have gone on doing the same things. The image doesn't care about my failing eyesight and should be judged for what they are not what I'm not The craft deserves better than to be tainted by personal feelings one way or another.

As long as i can trip a shutter, I'll shoot something. I might have to change the way I do things a hundred times, but I don't plan to quit making images.

I can't i have too much film laying about/

48zpdfc.jpg


Not sure if this helped you tell me. I'm serious tell me if adding texture helps the appearance.

After I got past the making excuses and trying to save it, I tried to figure out what happened to the shoot. I was shooting in my studio. I usually shoot closeups with long depths of field but today I shot it on film and could shoot at 1/25 of a second if I used f6.3. It appears that my dof was to small to compensate for the difference between the film plane of the film holder as opposed to the plane of the focus screen. Which can be no more than millimeters.

See you guys taught me something be proud of yourselves. It wasn't the eyes on the view screen it was the eyes on the computer screen.
 
Wow, that really looks like a painting! I like it though.
 
i like them both, but liked the first one better
 
PB&J the best meal ever, nice picture.
 
Nice idea. Kudos to you for shooting even though your vision is not top-shelf. It might be time to either go autofocus.. It kind of reminds me of Beethoven going deaf. :(

As to the image, I think it might have more impact without all the branding visible. Like if you pulled the labels off the jars and took the bread out of the bag.
 
good point,,, Actually I think I have it figured out. It got posted because i cant tell the computer screen is soft or not,

The ground glass focus was on the objects. and the fstop was 6.3 which is pretty short when the lens is racked out to macro focus on a view cam, So what happened is the objects were in focus on my ground glass when I replaced it with the film holder the focus was off just a hair because of the millimeter or so difference in the focal length.

That and the short depth of field threw off the peanut butter jar and left the other two items in sorta focus. Now when I put them on the scanner it went to the low resolution screen of the monitor which I can never really tell because it is doubled always.

Usually I have a f45 or at least f32 so there is a huge dof. Just a combination of errors that taught me something about both macro depth of field and my vision and where it is worse.

Most times I only use one eye to focus a camera. Even on the ground glass I close one. On the computer I don't i just ignore one image but it does tend to bleed into the other. So I know now huge depth of field with macro view camera shots. Most all of my still life shots will be effected.

You know it proves you are never too old to learn. I really thought a 6,3 was plenty small enough... wrong
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom