Velbon Tripods 540 vs 560

GeorgeUK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbmwforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm tempted by one of these rather than the Manfrotto kit as they are significantly cheaper. I doubt I will be doing enough 'hardcore work' to warrant anything more decent.

The 2 models I have shortlisted are the CX-540 and CX-560. They seem a decent mid-size model.

From what I can see on the website, they have almost identical statistics (height/weight/max load etc) but apparently the 560 has an aerodynamic design.

The difference in price between the two is minimal (£30 vs 35 delivered on Amazon).

Is this just rubbish, or is there some truth in the 'aerodynamic' design?

The legs look slightly bigger on the 560. But seriously...aerodynamic? lol. It all depends on which way the wind is blowing..and even then. A round leg would be the best...but are usually more expensive.

Choose whichever one you want, really. It seems like the company knows what they're doing (their higher end stuff is good)...so it can't be complete garbage.

Had a longer look, appears that the differences are related to the baseplate and quick release mechanism.

The 560 has the QB-5W
QB-5w.gif

The 540 has the QB-5LC
QB-5LC_4LC.gif

Perhaps this is the difference that makes the 560 aerodynamic.

*makes mental note to inform the F1 aero designers of this groundbreaking discovery*

Most reactions

New Topics

Back