Venus and the Moon

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Despite the cold, cold temps, I set up the telescope to capture an image of Venus, and the Moon tonight. The Moon was a single exposure, edited in PS. The image of Venus was capture by taking a video and using AutoStakkert to stack the frames together. Venus is certainly not to the standards of NASA, but I'll take it!

All shot through my Celestron EdgeHD 8" SCT telescope and using my D800.

Venus!
Venus-1.jpg

Moon!
Moon 030620-1.jpg

Stop that, your'e making the rest of us look like amateurs ...... which we are. lol! Awesome pics, I've thought about getting a telescope but I can't bring myself to take the step. I'm over an hour away from a "low light area."

That is some awesome detail! Now we want to see Jupiter! ;)

Great image of the moon! Amazing detail.

Very nice Moon................
Thanks!

Wow! That moon.
Thank you! It was a very clear night. Great for getting good detail.

Stop that, your'e making the rest of us look like amateurs ...... which we are. lol! Awesome pics, I've thought about getting a telescope but I can't bring myself to take the step. I'm over an hour away from a "low light area."
Thanks! Not gonna lie, it's a bit of a money hole. But, worth it in my opinion. My area is not exactly dark. It's a Bortal class 5, which is still fairly bright. I probably only get about 4 or 5 opportunities a year to drive to a dark area. Otherwise it's me and the back yard. It's also important to me that as my daughter grows up seeing these things to inspire her.

Most reactions

Back