View from the entrance of the American Cemetery in Manila

Very serene photo. The two individuals on the left give it scale. The saturation is a plus for me.
Thanks, the grass, I think maybe imported, it seems finer than any I have seen elsewhere here (which tends to be broad leaved and rather rough) is so perfectly maintained it looks like a snooker/pool table! As such I wanted to make this a feature, hence the over saturation on the green.
The two guys were obviously tourists from the US and ex military from the sound of it, they seemed to be searching for a particular grave - presume relative.

Thanks, the grass, I think maybe imported, it seems finer than any I have seen elsewhere here (which tends to be broad leaved and rather rough) is so perfectly maintained it looks like a snooker/pool table! As such I wanted to make this a feature, hence the over saturation on the green.
The two guys were obviously tourists from the US and ex military from the sound of it, they seemed to be searching for a particular grave - presume relative.
Possibly Bermuda grass, it's what is used on a lot of golf course putting greens. It thrives in warm, humid climates.

Thank you to Manila for helping with a respectful and meticulous kept tribute.
Thank you for a wonderful photo of that respect!

I am a mom of an ARMY son who has passed away.
Thank you.

Thank you to Manila for helping with a respectful and meticulous kept tribute.
Thank you for a wonderful photo of that respect!

I am a mom of an ARMY son who has passed away.
Thank you.
Thank you for your comment, I am very sorry for your loss.

The cemetery is indeed an amazing place and I love visiting, one of the only places in the city with absolute serenity and peace.

However it is actually the USA that owns and maintains the site, a very fine job they do as well.

Thank you for your comment, I am very sorry for your loss.

The cemetery is indeed an amazing place and I love visiting, one of the only places in the city with absolute serenity and peace.

However it is actually the USA that owns and maintains the site, a very fine job they do as well.
Yes, I figured USA kept it, but it's in that country, so thanks for that effort to keep commradiere...(?)
Kind words, thanks. Kevin and I were 2peas in a pod. Very close, almost 7 years.
Until then, I had been a big poster, now just getting back.

Post more!

Beautiful shot. I and my "team" were there when we spent a week in Manila. The Sullivan Brothers are buried there and one of my guys was a relative of theirs.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back