It's a shame but my eye instantly when to the cropped branch and stayed there. Would you have a shot without the crop? My only concern is it mght produce too much dead sky, but I'm sfraid that branch is a deal breaker for me. It's actually a little close on the left also.
I did a few adjustments and a B&W conversion. It's odd because it almost has an ink drawing look to it. Possibly over sharpened?
Agree with Rick, it looks unbalanced, but between the 2, I prefer the Black and White. The background is still distracting and the longer branch cut off.
With a lot of work it is almost salvageable but there's not enough natural sharpness, tonal range or composition to make the image work, even with extensive editing.
I prefer colour, unfortunately i couldn't really go back any further.. its not over sharpened i added a lot of noise thats prob what it is, but i got the look i was going for, i wanted it to look like an old photograph that you would pull out of an old attic in your Grandparents house, and i think i got that.