Violating the Rule of Thirds

great shots, both make me wanna grab the fishing pole and find that place :thumbup:

yes, to come back to the images.... anything with high symmetry, like refelctions on water, often wors well when applying the rule of halfs :p

I think the word 'rule' disgusts the nature and sensitivities of the right-brained, anti-authority thinking of the artist. Maybe it would be more diplomatic to use the word 'appeal', rather than rule?

This 'stuff' has been around for thousands of years.

Wow, I let the browser idle for a little while so I can completed a couple of projects that are due today, and you guys are having this excellant debate.

The internal monologue going on while trying to think of a title was how much I dislike rules. Question authority and ***k the rules .....mmm...there was a third one, oh yeah - hope I die before I get old. These were my mantras that I have lived with for many years. I've had to tweak the last one slightly to be mentally old. Nowdays, it's toned down only to the point of not being put in jail and does not cost excessively.

Thanks for all your comments and discussions. The appeal of thirds has a nice ring to it abraxas.

Okay NJMAN, thanks for your time and effort to hopefully get this photo it's just rights. This should now properly show this image correctly. C&C still welcome.

Symmetry
DSC_2038_edited_saveforweb.jpg

Thanks one more time NJ, you are the man of the hour.

Should I upload the other one, again and correctly? ...Ahhh, the hell with the opinion poll, here it is:
Sunset-2.jpg

Thanks for humoring me.

Most reactions

Back