Vulture at an unusual angle

MitchP

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_7282_1200px.jpg

Nice capture. What are you using in terms of focal length etc.

I like it a lot.

I too am curious of equipment used (tripod vs. handheld).

I think it could use a little more exposure; it seems a little dim being that it's the top and not the underside of the bird we're looking at but other than that it's a good bif shot.

Nice capture. What are you using in terms of focal length etc.
I like it a lot.

I too am curious of equipment used (tripod vs. handheld).
handheld Nikon D850 @ 510mm, F8, 1/2500 sec.

I can't remember the last time I used a tripod, I'm usually at such a high shutter speed that even my old arthritic hands won't mess up a shot. A tripod/monopod really restricts my movements and won't serve any purpose.

Even my landscapes are handheld, all my wide angle lenses are vibration controlled.

I think it could use a little more exposure; it seems a little dim being that it's the top and not the underside of the bird we're looking at but other than that it's a good bif shot.
The head is right at the edge of being over exposed. I think it's a case of "it is what it is". IMO, brightening the brown feathers might
look artificial. It's an odd angle.

Thanks for looking!!

I can't remember the last time I used a tripod, I'm usually at such a high shutter speed that even my old arthritic hands won't mess up a shot. A tripod/monopod really restricts my movements and won't serve any purpose.

Even my landscapes are handheld, all my wide angle lenses are vibration controlled.

The head is right at the edge of being over exposed. I think it's a case of "it is what it is". IMO, brightening the brown feathers might
look artificial. It's an odd angle.

Thanks for looking!!
Understood an I apologize for my remark. I'm at home now and looking at this again on my apparently, much better monitor, and it looks perfectly fine with good light and color. I know now not to review pictures at work or at least I should try to calibrate the monitor there.

Understood an I apologize for my remark. I'm at home now and looking at this again on my apparently, much better monitor, and it looks perfectly fine with good light and color. I know now not to review pictures at work or at least I should try to calibrate the monitor there.
No apology necessary! I appreciate you taking the time to comment! :D

I can't remember the last time I used a tripod ..................................
Shutter speed apart, tracking BIF successfully at 500mm plus is a biceps straining achievement. I don't use a tripod much either unless I happen to be in a hide because so much bird photography is opportunist. I do use a couple of bean bags though to make the most of local support like walls and fences or even the car window.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back