What's new

VW Bug Shot. Comments? Advice?

cici_rupert9

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 16, 2014
Messages
18
Reaction score
9
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot this at the Texas Hot Rod Hoedown with a Canon EOS 20D. It's re-sized and has been edited.
Advice would be awesome since I'm still figuring out how to take good pictures.
This is one of my favorites though.

$OrangeBug(resized).webp
 
I would straighten the horizon line so there is no tilt and its quite a bit over saturated for my taste.

The tilt is a but of an artistic touch to me. Some agree, some don't so I understand. I will keep the saturation in mind though. Thank you :)
 
The picture is nice and sharp. I know it was your artistic decision, but the tilt ruins it for me. The over saturation with the tilt makes me a little dizzy.

I like the low angle and the clouds.
 
I agree I personally do not like the tilt but again it's just preference. Clean shot and I like the clouds in the background. I had a convertible 74 Carman Ghia for years. It was in a few shows but I lost all the pictures of it somehow.
 
It's hard to get one isolated, since they're parked so close to each other, but to better show a car, you need to get it away from background clutter, have better light, take lots of shots, and do your best at editing.
 
I like the colors and the clouds, but the tilt does not work for me.
 
I think sometimes the issue with the tilt is often it comes across as poor camera holding and not artistic. Nice vintage processing, though. :)
 
Have to agree on the tilt and saturation but I do like the low angle and also the sun's reflections off the chrome - might be worth considering a small aperture and focal length to get sunstars on automotive shots like this.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom