What's new

w..w..w..w..w..

I like the photo a lot better than the topic title. ;)

Seriously though, it's a nice photo. If it were me, I'd probably crank up the contrast and really play up the abstract look and feel, but that may not be what you were going for.
 
Does anybody else see the fairy tale face in this image???

Good shot dude! Nicely seen.
 
Yeah, there is a face in there. I thought at first that I would crop the bottom, but trying it out on the screen it seems not to work well that way. The subtle color is great - don't let anyone talk you into converting this.
 
Hope u guys like this one.

I'm with OrionsByte and the lack of contrast. Unfortunately, digital photography does not have the dynamic range of B&W film, so we are often left with mediocre results. If you study the work of Ansel Adams, you see a much wider range of tone in his work, and if you ever attain that level of range, then you will have something.

(edit) Oh, this is in color? Sorry, I thought it was already converted to monochrome.
 
Hope u guys like this one.

I'm with OrionsByte and the lack of contrast. Unfortunately, digital photography does not have the dynamic range of B&W film, so we are often left with mediocre results. If you study the work of Ansel Adams, you see a much wider range of tone in his work, and if you ever attain that level of range, then you will have something.
Simple, switch to film. It is completely different adventure then digital, much more engaging.
Your picture is nice, it has something from paintings of renaissance, very rich in detail and a play of light and shadow is giving a real sense of the texture.
 
Derrel said:
Does anybody else see the fairy tale face in this image???

Good shot dude! Nicely seen.

Thanks Derrel!!
 
Does anybody else see the fairy tale face in this image???

Good shot dude! Nicely seen.

Charlie has already shown thousands of faces to us already :-P

Another thousands are in queue

Still we love them.... we see our mother's face daily; does that diminish our love to her? :wink:
 
OrionsByte said:
I like the photo a lot better than the topic title. ;)

Seriously though, it's a nice photo. If it were me, I'd probably crank up the contrast and really play up the abstract look and feel, but that may not be what you were going for.

Hey thanks for the comment. I'll play with the contrast a bit when I get outta work...but since I just got to work..it'll have to wait...for now I'll just check TPF on my phone! Thanks man!!

Also, I did leave it less contrasty on purpose...not very much PP for me. I love the natural tones.
 
KenC said:
Yeah, there is a face in there. I thought at first that I would crop the bottom, but trying it out on the screen it seems not to work well that way. The subtle color is great - don't let anyone talk you into converting this.

Gotcha....thanks Ken
 
Frequency said:
Charlie has already shown thousands of faces to us already :-P

Another thousands are in queue

Still we love them.... we see our mother's face daily; does that diminish our love to her? :wink:

LOL!!! That's the best comment yet Frequency! Unfortunately, I'm moving from this very "wood-unique" area in less than one month...so I'm afraid that may be the end of my wood series...but we shall see ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom