Waiting for Dawn

Was pleasantly surprised to see that this one hit the Flickr Explore page.

Very nice shot. I think the person should have been a little to the right, giving an unobstructive view of the building.

Nicely done.

Was pleasantly surprised to see that this one hit the Flickr Explore page.

Congrats on the Explore! Always a nice bonus.

Very nice shot. I think the person should have been a little to the right, giving an unobstructive view of the building.
Thanks. Shooting from a few different vantage points would have yielded some nice choices, but I was 'catching' the subject as I found her. The gig was up when she heard the click, lol.

Nicely done.

Congrats on the Explore! Always a nice bonus.
Thanks. that Flickr algorithm always puzzles me. Shots I am sure are winners don't make it, and shots I didn't expect to do any good go to explore. I have noticed that the act of following others and/or adding other's shots to your favorites can change the math somehow. Not sure the precise correlation, but If they think that you are doing it wrong- no explores.

Thanks. that Flickr algorithm always puzzles me. Shots I am sure are winners don't make it, and shots I didn't expect to do any good go to explore. I have noticed that the act of following others and/or adding other's shots to your favorites can change the math somehow. Not sure the precise correlation, but If they think that you are doing it wrong- no explores.
Yes it’s very unpredictable. It seems like comments and interactions increase the chances and adding to groups increases comments and interactions, so I usually go with that. I use Flickr as my back up to my cloud storage so I have a lot of content in there. I usually remember to make most of the “extra” shots private and only make what I think are the best ones public but sometimes I forget and dump them all. That is usually when what I think is one of the lesser shots gets explored, and the one I think is really good goes unnoticed.

Most reactions

Back