Walking past.

Roger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I walked past this structure in the south of Italy....infrared.
385798697_GvFT6-L-2.jpg

I love infared stuff. I really think I might get a D70 and convert it... This is a very nice photo, thank you for sharing.

Very nice. The infrared does amazing things with the clouds.

I love infared stuff. I really think I might get a D70 and convert it... This is a very nice photo, thank you for sharing.

thanks a lot....converted cameras are the way to go if you do a lot of it.

Weel done! : )

thanks very much....you have some excellent shots too, but I found your host very slow to load....either that or my connection is crap.

Very nice. The infrared does amazing things with the clouds.

thanks a lot, yep I love the way IR renders cloud.

amazing picture!

is the infrared function on most DSLR's? does anyone know if its on the D40x?

amazing picture!

is the infrared function on most DSLR's? does anyone know if its on the D40x?

thanks very much, glad you like it....there is no infrared function, you need either to have a camera converted to full time infrared, or buy an R72 IR filter. The filter requires longer exposures most of the time which makes moving objects a problem.

Hey Roger,

I too love IR shots yet I have not been able to find enough in me to dedicate a SLR just for it.

I know I can get any camera to shoot IR by removing the IR filter on the camera itself. I also know FujiFilm makes a camera that can shoot both (nearly).

Either way, I don't think the filter will work for me. I like the pure output you get when the camera has been converted.

A quick question though, what setting change when shooting infra-red? ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture, Exposure, etc.?

Great shot.

-Nick

Hey Roger,

I too love IR shots yet I have not been able to find enough in me to dedicate a SLR just for it.

I know I can get any camera to shoot IR by removing the IR filter on the camera itself. I also know FujiFilm makes a camera that can shoot both (nearly).

Either way, I don't think the filter will work for me. I like the pure output you get when the camera has been converted.

A quick question though, what setting change when shooting infra-red? ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture, Exposure, etc.?

Great shot.

-Nick

thanks very much Nick....shooting with a converted camera is like using a normal camera in terms of settings. Although I try to stick with 100iso to keep noise to a minimum, I also use a CPL most of the time as it really punches up the contrast and is great for cloudy skies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back