What's new

wanna critique my shots?

MHB

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 18, 2012
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Location
north MS
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
#1

$yellow.webp

#2

$purple.webp
 
I'm really digging the first shot a lot. I love the yellow on the blue, makes the flower really pop. I also like the shallow depth of field. Good work!

The second one isn't doing much for me. The first one is a winner in my book
 
I like both but #1 the best. Both have great colors and contrast!
 
Notice the relationship between how you have positioned the flower within the frame and the direction of the flower within the frame. In #1, the head position of the flower is in the top right and its direction is upwards. A better composition would be to lower the position of the flower in the lower right so that it would have room to "breath". Whereas in #2, you have created such a balance. Although #2 is better composed IMO, it looks soft focused. With an empty backgroud as you have, I would stop down the lens to it's sweet spot, usually in the f/8 range, so that the entire flower was in sharp focus.
 
Awesome shots, my favorite is number 2. Well done!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom