Want to do some studio work, Is this a good deal?

binga63

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to do some studio work, (I did a workshop and have the bug for more) and I have limited funds, I saw this advertised for $1700 is it a good deal or a waste of money, please note I am Australian based so we pay more for equipment (get ripped off)

Opinions appreciated
Elinchrom bxri 250 / 250 to go kit

• 2 x 9 foot heavy duty light stands
  • Skyport transmitter
  • 2 x Portalite 26cm softboxes
  • 2 x light deflectors
  • 2 x bxri 250ws lights
  • Manuals, instructions etc
  • Tube bag to carry the lights in

Elinchrom Rotalux 135cm Midi Octa (sometimes called the Jr Octa)
Elinchrom Rotalux 90 x 100cm Softbox,
Elinchrom Rotalux 90 x 100cm hooded diffuser and grid
Elinchrom 8.25 inch reflector plus two grids,
Sekonic L308 Flashmate light meter,
Lee Filters Quick Location pack 24 gel sheets

thanks

:hail:

What does the same set go for new where you are? Or is this a new kit and not a used one?

I have the Elinchrom BXri line and I really love them. I also have the 135cm Midi Octa and love everything about it. I love the color of light that emits from Elinchrom. As far as it being a good deal- depends how you look at it. You can find lighting equipment for much cheaper. For me, I see the Elinchrom as a complete system that will last for a long time so in the long run you get a better value for your dollar.

What does the same set go for new where you are? Or is this a new kit and not a used one?
I checked retail and it is about $2700 retail or more depending on where you get the gear if postage from the states wasn't so high i would get most of it there.. it is used btw

Most reactions

New Topics

Back