Want to do something nice for someone who Really deserves it?

Jon_Are

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Short version: A good friend of mine, who has cystic fibrosis, is a finalist for the Applebee’s Real Hero contest. She is in the top ten among 8000 entries. Emily Schaller is an incredibly positive, selfless hero who really, really deserves to win.

Please vote for her here: http://applebees.com/realheroes/

Long version: I’ve known Emily Schaller for more than fifteen years, and she is the most positive, inspirational person I’ve ever encountered. She is a tireless advocate for cystic fibrosis research, and she gets things accomplished and provides inspiration, strength and hope to others even when no one is watching. She founded her own foundation (letsrockcf.org), she bikes from Detroit to Chicago every year to raise awareness and money for research, she runs half-marathons, and she plays drums in a rock band and holds fundraising concerts. And she just announced that she is biking from Detroit to Burbank, CA (rumor has it, to appear on the Ellen show). Her life’s mission is to advance CF research; not to help her, but to help future generations.

Please vote for her here: http://applebees.com/realheroes/

You can vote once a day until July 23.

Thank you,

Jon

Voted. :thumbup:

Voted.

I'll vote again for the next few days, but I am going to use one or two of them on that guy from Austin... I'll vote for your friend more though. ;)

...Just thought I should tell you...

Thanks, guys!

Thanks, everyone.

Hey, it's another day. We can vote again!! :mrgreen:

Jon

Cool. Give her a "Congrats!" for me. :)

What exactly did they win?
Tbh it isn't about what they win, its about what they stand for imo

Cystic Fibrosis is a sad disease (like any tbh...)
My cousin has it and it is such a shame to see how people treat her
once when we visited she told us some girl in her school said to her "your going to die soon so i dont care about you" That really really upset her, Comments like that are as a bad as murder in my opinion.

Last edited:
I think all she won was a $500 gift card to Applebees. But she's more excited about the publicity and the opportunity to raise awareness about CF.

She starts her cross-country bicycle trip soon - watch for her on "Ellen".

Jon

Most reactions

Back