What's new

Warehouse

unpopular

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
May 17, 2011
Messages
9,504
Reaction score
2,004
Location
Montana
Thoughts?

6347975597_e96e986b70_b.jpg
 
The image composition is not strong enough...try again you will get better.
 
Thanks all for your input so far. I think I do need to work on the hilights a bit. As for the composition, I'm really ok with it considering the project it's a part of.I really appreciate your thoughtful replies. Thank you.
 
I'd like to see it if you do work on the highlights a bit, it's an interesting building. What is the project, if you don't mind me asking?

For what it's worth, I find the left wall (with the door) really eye catching, but IMO that big black window at the edge of the right side of the frame distracts the eye from it.
 
Context and Relationship - a set on Flickr

The project deals with the relationship between forms and the context which these forms are in, but not as much the context of the scene as a whole - rather a kind of subset of circumstances unique to these forms and these forms alone. I am not really interested in creating harmonious images with static and clear subjects, but rather images that emphasize these concepts.

What I am finding is that when you emphasize relationships like this, you build up tension. I find it interesting that forms rather than relationships seem to be what we seek in images to make sense of them.
 
Thanks all for your input so far. I think I do need to work on the hilights a bit. As for the composition, I'm really ok with it considering the project it's a part of.I really appreciate your thoughtful replies. Thank you.

I love you and your context driven pictures (; I can definitely see how this would contribute to a collection. Good job.
 
Thanks. Sometimes I wonder if I'm out in the weeds.
 
3:2 portrait isn't the look IMO. 5:4 would at least give it a medium-format-esque, studied look (with a tripod).
 
Just for those who commented, thank you, here is the finished version until I decide if it's worth reshooting or not. Sorry, the original is gone.
6367133145_f94f3f555c_b.jpg


I did some dodging and a little bit of burning along the roof, and I desaturated the hilights, which had that nasty cyan tint.
 
Just for those who commented, thank you, here is the finished version until I decide if it's worth reshooting or not. Sorry, the original is gone.
6367133145_f94f3f555c_b.jpg


I did some dodging and a little bit of burning along the roof, and I desaturated the hilights, which had that nasty cyan tint.

I like this one better, the contrast towards the bottom is tasty ^^
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom