warming filters

panocho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i'm planning to get a warming filter for portraits, but am a little confused with the variety. Any recommendation?

I've read about the tiffen 812, also combinated with other effects. Also, a soft/FX...

what would you recommend to improve the natural appearance of the skin?

812? Could that be an 81a? Gee... it's been a while for me, but I think an 81A would be the equivilant of CC10Y + CC05R. This is not a particularlly dense filter. I THINK this is the one I sometimes used with Kodak Ektachome films and stoble lighting. I eventually settled on the CC10Y... even with daylight.

I was more concerned with greens and shadow colors outdoors, and white balance with strobe.

One more thing to consider is to have your color lab print a "ring-around" for you... several prints from one negative with various degrees of tones. Selet the print you prefer, and have the lab keep it one file as a reference when printing your orders.

I have to hedge a bit on this advice, because of my age (51). This was common practice when I was starting out. I don't know if you should still expect this level of service from professional labs.

I hope this helps.

-Pete

I believe that the 812 is a filter that only Tiffen makes -well, only Tiffen names like that!

Here there's a link from them:

http://www.tiffen.com/filters.htm

What I'm looking for is something to get the best skin tones even with daylight. I guess that 81A would be the most appropriate for this, but since I know there are other options around, I just asked to know whether some of those options might be better

Most reactions

Back