Warning colours

tpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some old some new from sothern france and northern spain.

Please hit F5 (refresh) if they dont show up immediatly.

Warning colours :)
melanocoryphus_albomaculatus_01.jpg

Pyrrhocoris apterus

pyrrhocoris_apterus_02.jpg

Juvinile of the same? Pyrrhocoris apterus

leptura_quadrifasciata_03.jpg

Leptura quadrifasciata

volucella_inanis.jpg

Volucella inanis, this is an old one, and totally harmless, but pretending to be mean :)

6spot_burnet_01.jpg

6 spot burnet moth

milkweedbug_01.jpg

Not a milkweed bug but possibly related?

blackred_beetle_01.jpg

Totally unidentified, not a longhorn so any clues apreciated, I could not find anything like it.

stink_bug_04.jpg

Graphosoma lineatum

haematomola_dorsatum_02.jpg

Haematomola dorsatum, the black and red pine bug and black red leaf hopper are extreemly similar I think they are often confused, does anyone know for sure how to distuinguish them?

It would be really nice to see what other members have of animals with warning colours, please post em if you have em.

tim

Last edited:
fourth one is the best for me. first two didnt even show up. alot of the other ones how ever seem to be just snapshots of the insects instead of shots that seem to tell a story somehow which is what we all really like to aim for with our pictures.

Sorry they arnt showing up Do'Udren's Eyes, if you hit F5 they should turn up. Thanks for the comment though I agree yes it is difficult to get a story out of insect shots, but perhaps if they are all visible it will be more interesting seeing what they do to stop us from eating them :).

tim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back