Way to hide forums?

nukie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
iced.vanillashots.com
Generally I browse the forums by just searching the new posts. When I log in recently, I've been getting 5-6 pages of new posts. From what I can tell, this is due to increased traffic in the Off Topic Forum. And quite simply, I don't care for needless posts which quote someone and then add a simple :lol: :lol: :lol:. It achieves nothing, adds nothing to the conversation, and most of all, annoys the crap out of me cause it adds to my 5 odd pages of mixed spam and good/informative posts.

So getting back to my point, is it possible with either the basic phpbb2 forum, or perhaps an addon, to hide entire forums like what can be done in vbulletin? Cause well, going through threads to try and find quality posts is becoming more and more difficult.

There is no option that I am aware of that will hide a specific forum when using the "new posts" link. If anyone is aware of a mod that would take care of this concern, please let me know and I will look into it.

That's entirely understandable. I'm lucky in the sense that I never got in the habit of using the link to show new messages. I've always been in the habit of manually flipping through the forum, but I can see how frustrating it would become as more and more posts start appearing.

I'll see if I come across any mods that may help...

i can understand nukie's plight here, i happen to post rampantly in both the on and off topics sections.

I am wondering if similar link to 'click here for new posts' for each speciific section: so new posts for the photography section, one for the equipment, one for off topic stuff and so forth, it would be a friendly feature - but we may have to get nukie to program it ;)

I never got into the habit of using that link either. I just go directly in the forum itself and see what the new posts are. Guess I am just a little old fashioned.

Also nukie, i think the off topic boom is just temporary do to a couple of events that happened in the forum recently i think it will slow down soon anyways.

I just look for the little orange dealie on the fora list and the topics lists.

Also nukie, i think the off topic boom is just temporary do to a couple of events that happened in the forum recently i think it will slow down soon anyways.

One can only hope...

you should just check the forum for new posts every 5 to 10 minutes so there won't be pages and pages of new posts

But I love our nukie.
This place isnt the same without him.
Annoying posts, be nice to nukie, so he will come back and visit more.

Does this forum have the classy ignore feature?

Ah. I thought he just wanted to ignore the Off Topic forum. If you ignore a user's post in a thread, then every post by them on the board gets ignored. It's great if the user just posts nonsense all the time, but not so good for weeding out only random asides. I still like it as a mod, so I'm not saying it wouldn't useful.

Most reactions

Back