What's new

Wedding #3 - C&C Welcome

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my third wedding and I'm the second shooter. Here are a few of my favorite shots. C/C or abuse welcome.

== #1 ==
URL]


== #2 ==
Wedding - Joann and Dominic - 071.jpg


== #3 ==
Wedding - Joann and Dominic - 416.jpg


== #4 ==
Wedding - Joann and Dominic - 653.jpg
 
Last edited:
manaheim.. this may sound very harsh. Usually people post their best shots. If these 4 are your best shots, I think the whole set would not be that great.

#1. I dont know what is going on here. It doesnt tell me a story and not sure why you did that post processing
#2. Either too much black or too much contrast but I think the exposure is good. Not sure with the poses though. Too many chairs and too busy.
#3. Whats going on with her hand? I probably just turn it to black and white so you cant see the weirdness very well
#4. Good exposure... really need horizontal orientation and go wider.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Hm... well...

1. It was just the guys together talking... call it semi-posed. In reality, I realize I posted the wrong one. I don't have the better one online yet- I'll need to fix that. Anyway, I did the post-processing because it felt like an old-school gentlemen's club sort of thing. I don't tend to do stuff like this, but this one seemed an interesting idea.

2. I liked it. I thought it was different and the guys got a kick out of it. Was a nice moment.

3. mmm... nothing is going on with her hand. You can't see one of them and the other is barely visible. I don't see any weirdness at all.

4. Err, ok? Horizontal orientation wouldn't be what I wanted, though. The angle fit in perfectly for what I was trying to accomplish.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm the most amazing wedding photographer known to man, but I can say that these images were certainly what I was trying to achieve... and I obviously think they are at least decent or I wouln't post them. Your critiques come across almost as if you think many of the elements in my shots, and the shots themselves, were basically accidental. I wonder, perhaps, if this is a matter of you just not jiving with what I will short-handedly call "my style". Dunno.

BTW, I admit the processing on the first one is a little over the top. :) I do still like it, but... yeah... :lol:
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
There... replaced the first one.
 
they are all pretty good, and i like the edit on the first, but the third bothers me because of the glowing arm thing. i like the diagonal viewpoint on 4 as well
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
hehe, I like the way she glows in that image.

Maybe I just suck. :lol:

Thank you all for your comments.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom