Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wedding%20-%20Krystal%20and%20Andy%20-%20898.jpg

c/c welcome if desired.

Thanks for looking.

Very nice. The only thing I dislike is the "No Parking" sign next to the groom's head. I love the lighting on it, very well done.

I like the ambient light and mood. The flash used to illuminate the b&g could be gentler - the groom's back seems a bit harsh, but then you nailed the bride nicely I think. WB could be a bit better. The sign SCraig mentions is a distraction along with the Jos. A. Bank sign and the two cars, but then I always see distractions where others do not. The groom's pose is a little mid-stride awkward - he appears to be in motion and she does not. I wonder how a slightly larger aperture would work. Or a longer lens. Or the b&g slightly OOF.

I like the ambient light and mood. The flash used to illuminate the b&g could be gentler - the groom's back seems a bit harsh, but then you nailed the bride nicely I think. WB could be a bit better. The sign SCraig mentions is a distraction along with the Jos. A. Bank sign and the two cars, but then I always see distractions where others do not. The groom's pose is a little mid-stride awkward - he appears to be in motion and she does not. I wonder how a slightly larger aperture would work. Or a longer lens. Or the b&g slightly OOF.

So in other words you think it should be re-shot? lol. sorry, seemed like a long list there Jaemie, lolol.

kinda hard not to get cars and building signs when doing a walk down a normal busy street, which I'm guessing was the plan.

The sign by his head though I think is/was an avoidable one, however I imagine it's easy to overlook such things in the moment.

Great shot, other than that sign by the head IMO, :)

This one doesn't really work for me... Too many detracting elements for a day designed around the happiness of two people. I feel like this would be exponentially stronger if you were in front of them capturing their emotions while they're walking down the street. I also would have shot at a longer focal length to minimize the distractions but play off of the city lights. With the critique you gave me on my most recent wedding (specifically concerning backgrounds), I was expecting you to post something less... Careless? I know that sounds like a strong word, but that's really the only word that's coming to me at 2:00am. Not meant to offend, of course... This is just my opinion.

I'd never shoot a wedding on the street.. never. Way too many distracting things... and especially not in the back, not in the dark, not with a flat fill-flash. Basically it's good, but maybe to others' tastes. :)

Hehe. Thanks for the comments.

The parking sign is a good catch. Totally missed that. I can probably edit out in post.

I have a few of these city shots. I should try to get them all up. The key was the bride wanted these because she and her groom love the city and wanted to catch all the bustle and distraction. Not arguing, mind you... Just explaining. Whether for good or bad, it wasn't careless, it was intentional. :)

I'll try a re-edit to see if I can get the balance between bride/groom details. It's always so delicate.

Thanks, all. Great feedback!

Yeah, sorry man.. not really feeling it for several reasons:
1. The half cut store sign
2. parking sign
3. probably better B&W. The WB is too different on your subject and background. Could probably use LR4 adjustment brush for WB on the subject.

For busy background... blur the heck out of it man.. would love to see the whole set!

p766148219.jpg

Last edited:
P.S.... that's why I love my 85 1.4 and 135 2.0. The 24-70 wont cut it especially at 45mm and f/3.2.

Schwettylens is right. Blurring the distractions works well.

But, that's a funny example. Is that "mother" keeping an eye on the newlyweds? :) And what's with that blurring behind the groom? It looks like the foreground foliage (and mother) was PS blurred up to the sunlight.

$p766148219.jpg

i didnt blur anything on post. That's just a blurred foliage on the foreground. Now that you mentioned it.. it looks like a ghost! People do say that hotel is haunted!

Thanks for the feedback AND the examples. Very much appreciated!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back