weekly car meet FNSE

nolanator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
these were all taken with the rebel xs/18-55mm i bought yesterday. this is my first attempt at low lighting/flourescent lighting pictures. tips?
IMG_3898.jpg

IMG_3908.jpg

IMG_3928.jpg

IMG_3947.jpg

IMG_3943.jpg

...and one of my puppy being lazy
IMG_3863.jpg

thanks for looking =)

besides keeping your WB in check, you seem to be on the right track

i'm not at the point where i can properly customize the WB, so most of the time i just choose "auto". in this case, i think i was using the "flourescent" setting.

hey are these the krispeKreme meets? Are they still as big as they used to be or is that still dead?

*I recognized the mens warehouse and bestbuy

mmmmmm skyline
mmmmmm wrxs

i agree with the WB but it looks like you snuffed that issue after the second shot.
if you have the raws, you can alter the temp easily.

nice shots.

Nice cars and great start. Car photos are not the easiest things in life and You have to try hard some times to make it work... Take as many pictures as you can and when you are looking in all the magazines look at the Photography in a new way. See what catches your eye and what the "big dogs" are doing that get them published. Try to reproduce that and once you feel you can start to work in your own ideas and ways to make your photos special!

I think did a pretty good job and have a great starting point!

The car images mostly look like snapshots to me.

I really like the image of the puppy...one of the nicer pet photos I've seen in awhile.
i'm not at the point where i can properly customize the WB, so most of the time i just choose "auto". in this case, i think i was using the "flourescent" setting.
Getting the white balance right isn't hard to do, especially if you're shooting in RAW. You could use a white balance card (18% grey card like the WhiBal or SpyderCUBE) or use a white balance lens cap or filter (like The White Balance Lens Cap or Expodisc) to set the custom white balance in camera.

hey are these the krispeKreme meets? Are they still as big as they used to be or is that still dead?

yep, that's at the kk in burbank. we meet out there every friday night. if you'd like to come out, i'm sure it would be a great photographic opportunity.

mmmmmm skyline
mmmmmm wrxs

i agree with the WB but it looks like you snuffed that issue after the second shot.
if you have the raws, you can alter the temp easily.

nice shots.
someone was trying to explain the difference between shooting RAW and shooting in JPEG and i didn't get it. i need to read more and figure it out.

im glad your WB worked out after the second shot. car shots are much more interesting when taken from low stance. right now they just look like snapshots and not very interesting.

im glad your WB worked out after the second shot. car shots are much more interesting when taken from low stance. right now they just look like snapshots and not very interesting.

IMG_3909.jpg

like this? i thought the iso setting was off and blurring the image

yep, that's at the kk in burbank. we meet out there every friday night. if you'd like to come out, i'm sure it would be a great photographic opportunity.

i used to go out there all the time with my car. But then cops were messing around and once i almost crapped myself when i saw one in the rearview. Now the car just stays inside. lol. But yeah man, thanks for the offer, If its okay i can bring a bunch of people with me. No drama of course, we dont do meets here just bbq's at our houses cuz we hate the ricers and there stupidity. So we avoid it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back