Weekly challenge 11/3 - 11/9 It's the nature of things...

Overwatch.jpg

Just getting into a ton of photos from a road trip this weekend. Too many nature shots to fill this thread. I'll post a couple from each day.

Pyramid Lake and then North into the bizarre landscape of the arid desert.

nature week-1.jpg

nature week-1-2.jpg

Cool Zulu! :encouragement:

I just came back from a business trip in Vegas recently, on the drive back some of the desert terrain and hills were spectacular. Of course I didn't have my camera and the boss wouldn't pull over for me to try and get a shot with my phone. The shots from a moving vehicle didn't turn out so hot. :dispirited:

Thanks Jeff. Yep the desert landscape has a beauty all it's own.

Took these last night just North of Ludington, Michigan. The Northern Lights were not a bright as I was hoping for and clouds quickly rolled in and covered what little was starting to show. At least I had a chance to get the Milky Way and the start of the light show.

Starry Beach house: Milky Way over the beach house at the Ludington State Park.
View attachment 165363

Beach Lights and Stars: A little bit of color and a lot of stars over some jetties in Lake Michigan
View attachment 165364

Heavens Eye: The only real color that showed up last night. With the dunes, the night sky and the color from the aurora itself... it looks like a giant eye looking down from the heavens.
View attachment 165365

Great set of shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back