Weekly challenge 8/22 - 8/28 Scavenger hunt 3Q20

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge, I’ve decided to make the previously popular scavenger hunt theme a quarterly occurrence. So off we go for 3Q20

The list below has 7 subjects. Throughout the week, try to photograph all 7. You can post them as you take them or wait until you have completed the hunt. Bonus points if you can overlap and kill two or three (or 7!) birds with one shot. You can take the subjects as literally or figuratively as you choose. Try to make each photo something that challenges your creativity and uses the skills you’ve practiced in previous challenges. Don’t forget to label each shot you post with the item(s) you’re checking off the list.

1 - wheel
2 - shadow
3 - orange
4 - cool
5 - sweet
6 - mirror
7 - spots

As always, new photos only for the challenge please. Get out there and shoot!

DSC_2515 (3).JPG
DSC_2494 (3).JPG
I have the wheel and spots in the tractor photo.. and sweet, wheel and shadow in the Amish buggy... ..

Last edited:
So there's always a story.

I decided to take a ride up to the Washington National Cathedral to walk around shoot the grounds. The Cathedral is closed but the grounds are always open.

When I got there I checked the Forum to see if @SquarePeg had issued the challenge, and she had.

I decided to shoot all seven at the Cathedral this afternoon. Here they are (oh and on a couple of these I actually dialed the saturation down a bit).

Wheel(s) - this young man just finished his first ride without traning wheels.

image.jpeg

Shadow - the timeless way to tell time.

image.jpeg

Orange - the garden at the Cathedral is fantastic.

image.jpeg

Cool - courtyard fountain.

image.jpeg

Sweet - as a Honey Bee

image.jpeg

Mirror - hello.

image.jpeg

Spot - as in a favorite spot to read the paper

image.jpeg

What am I going to do the rest of the week?

What am I going to do the rest of the week?

First of all - kudos these are all great! I love that you really made each one a photo that can stand alone even without the directed subject.

For the rest of the week you have to have at least 3 of the scavenger elements in any challenge photos that you post. Maybe you can find or stage something that covers all 7 elements in one photo?

For the rest of the week you have to have at least 3 of the scavenger elements in any challenge photos that you post. Maybe you can find or stage something that covers all 7 elements in one photo?

Ok boss.

Hey you asked what you were going to do the rest of the week!

This one was quite challenging.

1 - wheel(on the scooter)
2 - shadow(to the right of the bike and behind the sign)
3 - orange(sign lettering and the bench)
4 - cool(drinks in the fridge and the guy in the photo)
5 - sweet(treat in the photo on the sign)
6 - mirror(on the scooter or reflection in the glass)
7 - spots(on the sidewalk and randomly through the photo)

DSC_6804 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back