Welcoming NOOBs

pmsnel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Why doesn't this forum have a specific question you ask the newbies?

Other forums I'm on all have such a standard question and people make a sort of race about it, who can ask it first. One example: What sort of socks are you wearing?

I know it sounds a bit childish, but the upside is that we would be more inclined to actually respond to the welcome topics. Almost no one does it and it doesn't feel very welcoming...

It could be something like:
What resides at the bottom of your camera bag? (my camera bag contains for some reason a folder of a toy store, two rubber bands (one broken) and a button...)
Or:
What was the first picture you took with your current (most used camera)?

Just to get the NOOBs starting!

Or:
What is the most important shot you missed?

It was just a suggestion... Something I miss on this forum. Some NOOBs don't get any response on their introductory thread. Others just one or two welcomes... No actual conversation kicks off on these threads.

Thanks. It's not meant to get serious respond, but sort of break the ice and make it more attractive to actually introduce yourself in the welcoming section.

You never know. I would be more willing to respond to the newbie threads. Now I sometimes try, but after 4 welcomes it starts to get a bit boring. I thought it might spice up things.

You never know. I would be more willing to respond to the newbie threads. Now I sometimes try, but after 4 welcomes it starts to get a bit boring. I thought it might spice up things.

Perhaps... :sillysmi:

So what resides on the bottom of your camerabag?? And don't go telling me you just cleaned it out last night! That wouldn't be fair! :biggrin:

To muffle the sound of your shutter??? Is it that loud? :biggrin:

To muffle the sound of your shutter??? Is it that loud? :biggrin:

Hahaha! No... because I shoot at *very* loud gigs in bars/clubs. :lol:

Right... I could have guessed... :biggrin:

But just to point back in the direction of the topic... You can really get to know eachother by such silly/childish/strange/stupid questions!

Most reactions

Back