What's new

Wentworth Woodhouse, Yorkshire

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 8, 2010
Messages
2,591
Reaction score
375
Location
Barnsley, Oop-Nooerth, UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How specific is the location? I feel that if it's a tight locale with a lot of entries, photos like 2 and 3 might be common. 1 looks the most interesting to me. I prefer 3 over 2.
 
How specific is the location? I feel that if it's a tight locale with a lot of entries, photos like 2 and 3 might be common. 1 looks the most interesting to me. I prefer 3 over 2.

Reasonably specific. It's a small village with a stately home and grounds. There may be the odd one of the pub, but it won't be processed like this for sure, not knowing my camera club. :)

Photomatix ?

Nik EFEX HDR Pro.
 
The first one is nice. The other two are like from some horror movie, maybe it was intended?
 
Excellent; i lie them all :D

Thank you. :)

The first one is nice. The other two are like from some horror movie, maybe it was intended?

Thanks. Not sure they look "horror" - perhaps if they'd been mono. But I know that that style of processing is not for everyone. :)

Cheers
 
AlexanderB said:
The first one is nice. The other two are like from some horror movie, maybe it was intended?

The Nix/Photomatix horror movie
 
If I were to "judge" these three pics, these would be my thoughts. #3 is weakest. It just looks bad. It's neither fish,nor fowl. For example, the lower left corner...the way the ground just vanishes...gives the building no visual support. And the processing? Fish? Fowl? Canned SPAM? I dunno...

Shot #2...there's that awful way that "digital" handles the sun with the abrupt tone-clipping that screams "DIGITAL! Not film!"...so if there are any older judges, #2 will not please them with the important rendering of the sun looking that oh-so-very-digital way.

That leaves me to pick the winner as being Shot #1, which is a kind of cutesy shot, of a little girl operating a camera...so, by process of elimination, #1 is the winner of these three.
 
If I were to "judge" these three pics, these would be my thoughts. #3 is weakest. It just looks bad. It's neither fish,nor fowl. For example, the lower left corner...the way the ground just vanishes...gives the building no visual support. And the processing? Fish? Fowl? Canned SPAM? I dunno...

Shot #2...there's that awful way that "digital" handles the sun with the abrupt tone-clipping that screams "DIGITAL! Not film!"...so if there are any older judges, #2 will not please them with the important rendering of the sun looking that oh-so-very-digital way.

That leaves me to pick the winner as being Shot #1, which is a kind of cutesy shot, of a little girl operating a camera...so, by process of elimination, #1 is the winner of these three.

Thanks for the thoughts. I will bear them in mind, and yes, there are the odd older generation of photographer who may dislike these, for a variety of reasons. :)


Edit: And several younger models who will ALSO dislike these for a variety of reasons. :)

Cheers
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom