West Virgina .. worlds 2nd largest single arch steel bridge.

cyngus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
not much of a landscape out door shooter.. but when the moment strikes me i def like to have a camera in hand.. had a strange idea for this shot that involved obviously a great deal of dramatic color treatments.. lemme know what you guys think or if anyone has ever been to this bridge? its pretty much amazing

photomodelnetwork.com - Eric Chiarito

I like the perspective and the coloring, but I think the vignette is too strong and you should add some contrast; it looks pretty flat.

It's an interesting picture. I feel that with the vignette that there is a nuclear explosion in the distance occurring though.

Very interesting picture!

That's the New River Gorge bridge; when I was young my brother and I climbed up the 2000 feet from the valley floor near the bridge. Here's a photo of my brother Tom after we finished the climb. The bridge is just out of the frame to the left.

tom.jpg

Cool photo, though the bridge seems twisted or tilted on the far end.

Somewhere in storage I've got a couple rolls of negatives and prints of this bridge from the time I spent working in the area. Very scenic place. I hiked down and then back up again to get shots from various vantage points, and have no desire to repeat the experience!

If you ever get the chance, go there on Bridge Day (I think it's in October, so you'll have to wait till next year). That's the day when people bunjee jump off it. Now THAT's a photo-op! Years ago there was a commercial of a vehicle bunjee jumping off a bridge, and this is the bridge that was done from.

yah we just missed bridge day.. it was the weekend before this photo was taken. heard it a lot of fun though =)

Most reactions

Back