Wet Plate Holder

SoulfulRecover

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Might be a dumb question, I’ve been thinking of trying my hand at wet plate on glass and was wondering if I could use my Calumet Cambo still with a wet plate holder or is that not possible?

I think the Cambo uses a Graflok- style back,
So as long as the holder is of the correct Style, it should fit and work just fine

You might find this useful:

The Fuji PA-45 fits standard 4x5 camera backs and they are available on eBay starting at about $30.

I've seen tutorials online that say you can use regular film holders with wet plate but I am skeptical of that. Must be awfully thin glass!

Last edited:
You might find this useful:

The Fuji PA-45 fits standard 4x5 camera backs and they are available on eBay starting at about $30.

I've seen tutorials online that say you can use regular film holders with wet plate but I am skeptical of that. Must be awfully thin glass!

This is great! Thank you

You can get modified 4x5 film holders that have been cut for wet plate work and will fit in a cambo back. Effectively the core is cut out and one side is replaced with a "back" that has two small tension springs. The remaining dark slide is left and works as it needs to. I used one with a buddy once ill try and find where he got it from.

This one is way more expensive than the one we used but is the same thing.

There are a lot of wet-plate groups on facebook. Some of the members make slide holders and a lot of stuff trades hands in the groups I would advise joining a few if you have time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back